Hi there! I’m Sarah and I’m a writer, author, journalist and travel blogger and since 2013 I’ve been blogging about my experiences in Colombia on my very own piece of cyber real estate, Sarepa.com.
With a monthly reach of 68,000+ people, Sarepa has a small but very loyal following and I would love to work with people who have something of interest to share with my switched-on, savvy, Colombia-loving, travel-inspired and greatly appreciated community.
What is Sarepa.com?
Sarepa.com is a travel blog mostly about living in and travelling to Colombia, but also about living a travelling life and blogging.
My real passion, though, is sharing my experiences in Colombia and teaching people that the misguided stereotypes about the country are old news. I’ve been travelling to the country for 10 years, but since 2013 I’ve been focusing on writing about why Colombia is more than it’s past, and have had my worked commissioned by a variety of magazines, newspapers and online publications.
What do my stats look like?
Since rolling over my WordPress.com site to WordPress.org at the beginning of 2015, my statistics have steadily grown from month to month. Now pushing close to 10,000 views per month.
My overall average monthly views since beginning the blog is 18,000 views according to my WP site statistics, but that is mostly due to a particular post that went viral in December 2014: Why spending Christmas in Colombia will ruin the holiday for you forever. This post received 100,000 views in 24 hours and continues to be one of the most popular posts on the blog.
But my reach in the community doesn’t stop there, my monthly reach is around 68,000 thanks to my social media presence. As you can see in the statistics listed below, a whopping 74% of my monthly reach is through my Facebook page. This is the most effective and direct way I communicate with my community, and it shows. You can see more of my statistics here.
How can we work together?
I’m always interested in collaborating with people within the travel industry and I am currently looking for dedicated, creative, forward-thinking sponsors so I can continue to produce high quality content for people looking to travel to or live in Colombia.
There are a few different ways we can work together:
– Advertised sponsorships: Perhaps you’d like to become a sponsor of Sarepa? As a thank you, you will be added to the “Sponsors of Sarepa” section in the side panel of the blog. You can also choose to sponsor Sarepa’s Ultimate Guide to Colombia, a guide book all about travelling around the country, set to be released in 2016.
– Sponsored posts: There is also the option of writing a sponsored posts to be featured on the blog, so long as it brings value to my community of readers and is relevant to them and their needs.
– Social media shares: Allow me to promote your product or service via my social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. I will provide information about a product or service along with a link back to your websites. But please keep in mind I will only share items and/or services that I trust and that have value to my community.
- Instagram takeover: Allow me take over the reins of your Instagram account for a week and share my photographs from my travels. This is a great way of widening your reach on social media and appealing to a wider audience. Or perhaps you’d be interested in taking over the Sarepa.Travel Instagram page to share your own stories and adventures? Get in touch and we can make this happen.
- Famil trips: As a travel writer and a journalist I have been sent on many famil trips around the world, including Australia, Japan and South America. I have had my work feature in a variety of magazines and newspapers including New York Magazine, International Living, News Ltd publications and others. I regularly get my work commissioned by Australian and American publications. If you’d like to invite me on a famil, in order to share you tour packages and experiences, get in touch.
- Public speaking: I regularly host workshops and courses about how to create and maintain a blog and I am always on the lookout for event organisers who are interested in showcasing what the life of a travel blogger is all about. If you have an event that you’d like me to speak at, let me know.
- Freelance writing/travel blogging - Travel writing is my bread and butter having worked as a journalist and writer for close to 10 years now. If you’d like to commission work either for your magazine, newspaper or blog, be sure to get in touch.
– Mix it up: Let’s collaborate and mix up a few of these different options to best suit you and your needs, or let’s come up with something completely different. It’s up to you!
Why work with Sarepa?
Over several years, many trips and a stint living in Colombia, I’ve become a bit of an unofficial ambassador of the country, spreading the word about the place and making sure it stays on travellers’ top must-visit destinations lists.
I’m passionate about travel and about inviting people to learn about Colombia beyond the unfortunate stereotypes. Developing relationships with businesses within the community not only shares with a greater audience what is on offer in Colombia, it also means through our mutual partnership that I am able to continue to produce high quality content about the country and inspire more people to visit the country and improving the country’s reputation one small step at a time.
If you’d like to work with me, or would just like more information, feel free to get in touch at info (at) sarepa (dot) com. I look forward to working with you and thank you for your support!